Friday 25 April 2008

Prismacolor and Stampin' Up!

Hello
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I am still suffering with a really bunged up nose and chesty cough, aghhh! So crafting has not been going down round here !!

I have a sort of a tip for those of you who may have seen the lovely images coloured with Prismacolor pencils but have struggled with them yourself, I was one of those people , I loved the effect and treated myself to a set from eBay but could I use them NOOOO !
I read the tutorials on different blogs but try as I might I just could not get the colour to move, so the poor pencils sat gathering dust......
Then I had an email from a lady (also called Nicola) wanting to buy some Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock,
she had also been struggling with those pesky pencils and had read on a forum that Whisper White CS was good to use with them so I told her I'd give it a try and what do you know it worked, (Thanks Nicola !) here are the results....
Here I have coloured the truck from Stampin' Up! Loads of Love set (104606) along with the flowers from the same set.....This is the same image with the lady from the Loads of Love Accessories set (105349), I have deepened areas with Twinkling H2O's and added some more sparkle with Spica pens.
I have used my Stamp a ma jig (101049)to line the images up perfectly.This next one is a stamp by Peachy Keen and again I have added a bit more depth with H2O's,
The background papers in the pics are DCWV Spring Glitter stack.
I found the colour to move and spread so much better on the smooth surface of the Whisper White CS,, in a lot of the tutorials I had read it said to use paper with more grain, even watercolour paper, I suppose for a more experienced colourer then that would give a different finish but if you are a beginner struggling with Prismacolors then why not give Stampin' Up! and Whisper White CS a try!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks great, thanks for the tip. I didn't think we could get whisper white ink here in the UK.

Nicola said...

Julie, sorry, I'm talking about WW cardstock not the ink! I edited the post, I didn't even realise I hadn't put that in!