Sunday 20 January 2008

Beatrix Potter Card

This is the second of the Borthday Cards I needed to make for the parties Freya has been invited to...

The patterned papers are Basic Grey, I inked the edges of the green paper with Tea Dye Distress Ink, the image is from a free magazine gift, I've also inked the edges of these to give a bit of definition, the die cuts have been shaped and then mounted with silicone glue. I've fixed a length of HOTP ribbon down the side and affixed my second attempt at a ribbon blossom to it, I still can't seem to get the really full look that Pam gets on hers, look at her tutorial here.
Overall though I'm happy with the card but I do need a second opinion, do you think it is suitable for a 6 year old girl, I'm not sure if the papers are a bit too grown up?, let me know what you think!
Enjoy your Sunday......

4 comments:

Monica Gale said...

That is such a beautiful and intricate card.. love it!!!

Fab said...

Love card, Nicola, I think the little girl will be overjoyed to receive that card, especially if she's a fan of Beatrix Potter. I really like that blossom ribbon flower, I didn't attempt it yet....but you gave me some courage ! LOL, Fab X

Sakhi said...

The little girl is going to love the bunnies..keep going, love to see your cards. take care!

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com

Laos National University Or Norm Room, Vientiane