Wednesday 16 January 2008

Last nights card!

Well here it is...
The card base is Stampin' Up! Soft Subtles CS.
The image is by Pink Petticoat, coloured with Prismacolor pencils, I've matted it onto some red paper (magazine freebie, as was the polka dot paper!), I left a slightly wider border top and bottom and then added faux stitching.
I've placed some paper tabs under the ribbon, these were just strips that I cut and then rounded the corners, and I've added my usual sparkle with a gem on each tab!
The ribbon is my rather poor attempt at a ribbon blossom, I found a tutorial, by a very talented lady on her blog Indigo Studio, see the tutorial here, her cards are amazing and the ribbon blossoms beautiful, I need a lot more practice to get mine to look like those!!
That's it for now, back soon.....

1 comment:

Fab said...

Thanks Nicola, that card is great ! I always wanted to do something more with ribbon instead of the usual bow or knot ! Thanks ever so much for that link, I'm off checking that tutorial out.