Thursday 10 January 2008

Fairy decoupage

Here is a card that's quite different to most I make, decoupage is not one of my favourite techniques, don't get me wrong I love the effect but it is waaay too fiddly for me!


I started supplying a local gift shop with some of my cards to sell and the lady who owns the shop told me that fairies and butterflies would go down well .... result, me frantically searching for fairy and butterfly images, this is when I purchased the set of die cut decoupage sheets that this fairy comes from...




I know, die cut decoupage is surely cheating but once it's stuck down who's to know the difference!!
I quite like how the card turned out, I like anything sparkly, pink or fluffy and this card ticks 2 of those boxes!
I mounted the fairy onto an opalescent holographic card and then layered this onto some torn backing paper, I inked the edges of the card base and added some Stickles highlights.

On another note, I've just looked out the window and the sky is sooo black, it looks like there is a big downpour on the way!

Hope you all have good evenings, back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Lori said...

Nicole,

I like the card, but realize this is an older post. Is the die cut available?

I'll check your site.

Thanks